The Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Center ("the Center") is a nonprofit organization dedicated to an integrative approach to help people with fibromyalgia (FM) and other chronic pain conditions manage their symptoms, improve their functionality, and increase their quality of life. The Center is located in the Kinesiology and Health Science Complex on the campus of California State University, Fullerton.
The mission of the Center is to advance research, education, and professional practice related to FM and other chronic pain disorders. The Center’s philosophy is based on an integrated approach to symptom management, including
- Psycho-social & cognitive-behavioral strategies
- Stress management
- Physical activity interventions
- Balance and mobility training
- Nutrition & weight management
- Acupuncture & manual therapies
- Pharmacological therapies
- Conduct interdisciplinary research
- Provide training for students and professionals
- Facilitate support and education for persons with FM and other chronic pain conditions, including their significant others
- Offer a variety of physical, health, and mobility assessments
- Conduct health, fitness, and rehabilitation programs
- Raise public awareness about FM and other chronic pain conditions, and its effects on individuals, their families, and significant others
If you are a CSUF student, and interested in being a part of the center as a research or program assitant then please fill out this application here.
For more information call 657-278-7031 or email at email@example.com
Monthly meetings at California State University Fullerton on the last Saturday of the month in room KHS 160.
Other meet-ups can be found on the website linked above.